Tuesday 11 October 2016

What a weekend...

Heyo guys...

Yeah. I'm sleepy. It's morning, and I'm writing a blogpost. About my weekend in general. It was really fun, and productive, but really, I need some rest right about now.


So basically, this weekend, I had this MUN (Model United Nations) conference at my school, or JoMUN. I was apprehensive, since I was the only 9th grader in my committee, ECOSOC, and I thought I was going to do bad. Actually, what 9th grader joins the Economic and Social Council. (*points to me*).

Actually, I had so much fun, I don't even know what to do anymore. I was representing Sierra Leone, a country in West Africa. And my issue was the creation of a free trade zone in Africa. So basically, we have to write a resolution, actually, lemme just attach it for you so that you can see what we do.
Then we have to debate and make amendments. 

A few people made amendments, that really made no sense. I was like, "The delegate wishes to say that the delegate at the podium is very wrong....." Yeah, so basically, my resolution passed with no amendments. Congrats me. 

Actually, I really enjoyed my experience over the weekend, and I hope to have many more conferences as such. Anyways, guess I'll just go over to my bed and call it a day.... (even though it's morning XD)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself at JoMUN, Ishita. Hopefully we can get a delegation for BEIMUN sorted...fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete